Monday, May 31, 2010

Life's too short ... to spend any of it in traction

I had my next posting all figured out when a friend of mine, Mitch, wrote a response that clearly indicated he was on a completely different 'Life's too short ...' journey to me. Now this is not surprising because he always has been way cooler than me. So not surprisingly he took this blog to be some kind of encouragement to go out and do reckless things - like taking up surfing.

Not true and in fact if you are fifty five years and up, the message that 'life's too short ... to spend any of it in traction' is for you. Rough rule of thumb here -if your Mom said it was stupid to do it when you were ten, then it is not a good idea to do it in the period of life that people seem to qualify with the names of precious metals.

-- Bit of a clarification here: although I haven't heard anyone actually talk about the 'platinum years', I'm pretty sure it will be that time when we decide to lay down our burden and have our every need attended to by people dressed in brightly coloured scrubs --

To add dramatic emphasis to this blog, I almost attached a picture of my son in traction when he was four years old but I thought he might not appreciate it. So discretion has been used, but it's clear from the evidence in my possession that I know what I am talking about. Instead, I have gone with the precious metal theme and thought you might enjoy the famous condom skit from the Golden Girls - Isn't Betty White a hot commodity right now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyhlnL0AbmI

1 comment:

  1. Great video--forget traction, I'm in stitches over this one. Thanks, Betty.

    ReplyDelete