Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life's too short ... to wash my own car

Compact economical and clean - here she is - looking good after being professionally detailed.


Perhaps because I live in a condo and the logistics of washing a car are complex and messy, or maybe it's the time it takes to spray, suds-up, rinse, and dry, but I really cannot justify doing the job myself when I can pay a little to someone else to do it on my behalf.


And frankly the whole exercise is just a manicure waiting to happen.

There is a bit of me that thinks I should be more frugal and save the twelve dollars but I generally manage to knock that little Jimminy Cricket off my shoulder as a drive to the car wash.

Pay a little I say - and work on your blog while someone else scrubs your hub caps and your car cruises through the process - Vive le semi-automation!


If you feel like getting your funk on while the car is being washed you could do wore than listening to a litlle Motown - Rose Royce singing Car Wash http://www.last.fm/music/Rose+Royce/_/Car+Wash

1 comment:

  1. My husband feels the same, but instead of getting someone else to do the job, he simply lets his car become dirtier and dirtier. Perfect strangers have come up to me to tell me to get him to wash his car. I let them know that as part of his birthday present each year, I take his car through a car wash and his birthday does not roll around until next June. I'm with you, Betty. I have no trouble paying for someone and/or something else to clean my car.

    ReplyDelete